Monday, April 18, 2011

Trying out the toe paint

All the pretty polishes lined up in a row. Which one to pick? My eyes dart back and forth by the florally pinks and springy yellows and settle on black, which for those of you who know me is obviously anti-climactic. Mm, I am not feeling overly adventurous during my visit to Jane’s Skin Care and Day spa for my highly anticipated and dually required pedicure. Perhaps it because the process to come it what is all about for me, or at least for the most part.

Once that extremely tough decision is made I sit back and take in the zen of the surroundings. Great magazines, warm fireplace and calming music envelop me as I prepare for my esthetician to come and fetch me. I slip my feet into my little slippers and drift away peacefully knowing that I have a whole two hours of me time today.

The esthetician gently calls my name and I dutifully follow her for what I know will be blissful. There really are fewer relaxing moments for a busy working mom of two besides getting a much deserved pampered treatment. And, I have lucked out. This lady gets my feet, she knows what I like. I am not sure how, but she has got me all figured out. The time passes all too quick and soon my winter feet are artfully transformed into pretty little digits ready to accompany the three new great pairs of black sandals that I have waiting for them at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment